I predict the skills that will be most in-demand in the future will be some of the hardest to train – resilience, resourcefulness, and flexibility. (Dr. Thomas Frey, DaVinci Institute, September 2018)
When reading the above prediction, many bosses, executives and leaders automatically think about how to train, hire, manage and coach their employees for these skills. But, it’s critical to remember… success starts with you!
Resilience: It’s important to expand and bring added value to your employees, customers, and company. Mistakes will be made along the way. Resilient leaders learn from them and move on. Otherwise, you become less effective and myopic in your POV.
Successful practices include:
- -Delegating to and coaching others
- -Listening to and using new ideas
- -Utilizing critical thinking (e.g., ROI, strategy, impactfulness)
- -Bouncing back from mistakes and errors
- -Improving interactions and relationships
Success Tip: What training and coaching do you need to expand your POV? Schedule it now.
Resourcefulness: Question whether or not you are doing the right things the best way for win-win-win outcomes. Being aware and taking initiatives to achieve successful results!
When working on projects for successful start and implementation:
- -Establish the ground rules (e.g., target date, purpose, company and vendor policies, legalities, ROI, etc.)
- -Encourage out-of-the-box thinking through true brainstorming and off-the-wall ideas
- –Align everyone on the goal and create a focused-action plan
- –Manage for intended results
- –Coach employees to move outside their comfort zones
Success Tip: What do you need to develop real strategies that work? One idea is to bounce your ideas off of a trusted business advisor.
Flexibility: When you are stubborn or believe how things “should” happen, you get in the way of success. Learn how to adjust for necessary changes and when to do so.
Successful change agents know:
- -Be clear of the vision and mission of the company
- -Make changes with integrity and honesty, which may not be the fastest or easiest way
- -Stay in communication during the change process
Success Tip: How can you embrace change to grow your employees, customers, and company? Hire the right coach for you and your team!
©Jeannette Seibly, 2019
For the past 26 years, Jeannette Seibly has been recognized as a catalyst and leadership expert. She has helped 1,000s of people create more fun, money, and inspiring success. Contact Jeannette for straight talk with dynamic results.