Are You Ready to Make 2021 Amazing?
Recently I enjoyed my end-of-year conversations with clients and business associates. From some, I heard about their off-the-charts year! They excelled!
Being curious, I asked why? At first, they focused on external factors. But with some guiding questions, they uncovered the inner beliefs they had transformed. They had stopped viewing themselves from a limiting perspective and stopped doing things that didn’t support their forward movement. Overall, they had their best year ever.
Here Are the 7 Key Points Shared
1. Self-Care. This was #1 on everyone’s list! Need I say more?
2. Gratitude. Each person was thankful for their inner growth and the results they achieved by staying focused on doing the right things.
3. Shifted Beliefs from “I Can’t” to “I Can.” This may sound like a simple mind shift. But it’s not always easy to do since it reflects a big internal change. At first, many were not present to this shift. They attributed their success to external factors (e.g., presentation style, being in the right place at the right time, openness to learning, etc.). The truth is, success is an inside job. They had transformed the little voice in their heads from “I don’t know if or how I can do it” to “I can do it and I did it!”
4. Held a Strong Inner Conviction When Challenges Appeared. When each person shifted to I can, their brains automatically focused on the “how to get it done.” They didn’t concentrate on the obstacles. Most got in communication with the right people that could help them succeed, including their coach. They didn’t entertain, “it’s too much work,” “I don’t have the money,” or “my boss wouldn’t approve.” They just stayed in focused action.
5. Developed a Mindful Resilience. When failures or major mistakes occurred (and they did), they didn’t sugar coat them or hoped they would magically go away. They knew hope was not a strategy. Instead, they did the work to complete any problems with integrity.
6. Aligned Their Goals with Their Values. Several had to get real about “how” to conduct their business due to the pandemic. For example, one inquired into what she needed to change to be happy. She found a program that pulled her out of her comfort zone and enrolled as a student. Naturally, as she transformed, so did her clients. 2020 was her best year ever!
7. Got Real About Job Fit. When your work responsibilities align with who you naturally are, amazing results can happen. As an executive coach for the past 28 years, I love getting people unstuck and in action for real results. I use the PXTS assessment as the first step in the 90-minute process with my clients. Afterward, most are ready to pursue their dreams and goals with clarity. For example, I recently worked with a super salesperson who was suffering burnout. Why? He believed he had to be a sales manager to grow his sales team! His sales suffered and turnover was high! The PXTS results showed his strengths were in selling, not in managing people! He immediately felt a big-huge-tremendous sense of relief. My coaching to him: Go sell! Stop trying to be someone you are not. When you’re ready, we’ll talk through how to build a sales team that excels.
Where are you stuck? What do you need to move forward and have 2021 be amazing? Contact me for a free confidential conversation. You, your career, and your business goals will thank you!
©Jeannette Seibly 2020
Jeannette Seibly is The Leadership Results Coach. She has been an award-winning executive coach and keynote speaker for 28 years. She is an expert in guiding leaders and their teams to get unstuck and achieve dynamic results. Contact Jeannette for a free confidential conversation.
A Note About Achieving Success in 2021 from Jeannette. Getting out of your own way can be a challenge. We’ve been conditioned to do things a certain way and view ourselves from a limiting perspective. Make 2021 your year to let go and achieve amazing career and business successes.
Don’t forget to hire a coach to accelerate your growth and keep you focused on the right things for an amazing 2021!